Heart surgery is a life-saving procedure that can treat various conditions affecting the heart, such as coronary artery disease, valve problems, arrhythmias and congenital defects. However, traditional heart surgery often involves opening the chest cavity and stopping the heart, which can cause significant trauma, pain and complications for the patient.
Fortunately, recent innovations in heart surgery have made it possible to perform many operations through smaller incisions or almost none. This minimally invasive approach has many benefits for the patient, such as:
- Less blood loss and lower risk of infection
- Shorter hospital stay and faster recovery
- Less scarring and better cosmetic results
- Less pain and reduced need for pain medication
- Improved quality of life and survival
Some of the most advanced innovations in heart surgery include:
- Endovascular valve debridement:This technique involves using special devices that allow complete endovascular removal of valve infections. There is no “cutting and sewing) of the valve. The infected valve could be completely cleaned out to allow full recovery of the patient from a potentially deadly condition. The surgery is done in Specially designed operating room that has the capabilities to integrate radiographic and cardiac technologies to achieve the desired results.
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR): This procedure is an alternative to open-heart surgery for people with severe aortic stenosis, a condition where the aortic valve narrows and restricts blood flow. TAVR involves inserting a catheter through a small incision in the groin or chest, and guiding it to the heart. A balloon is then inflated to push aside the diseased valve and place a new artificial valve in its position .
- Percutaneous pulmonary embolectomy: Pulmonary embolism are clots that travel through the heart and obstruct blood flow to the pulmonary arteries. It is a potentially fatal condition. “No cut” endovascular surgical approach to expeditiously remove these clots with return to normal heart function is being utilized successfully in the USA. Patients typically recover immediately and go home the next day.
These are just some examples of innovations in heart surgery, available to MyUSADr. Specialists that are transforming the field and improving the outcomes for patients. As technology advances, we can expect to see more complex and effective procedures that can be done through less invasive methods.
Please feel free to visit MyUSADr., How it Works to learn more about our services! You can also follow us on social media platforms and keep updated on the latest MyUSADr. Health Tips!
If you have a serious Medical condition, please give us a Call. Our American Board certified Specialists can guide you on getting the Latest available Treatment options! We are Here to Help!
MyUSADr. was created to assist you in making Critical Health Decisions. Our US based practicing Specialists provide Personalized Online Medical Opinion to patients from all over the Globe. Feel free to Contact us by Email/ Phone/ WhatsApp at any time...
My USA Dr.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida