What is your second medical opinion process?
My USA Doctor has created an easy secure online process to provide you an expert second medical opinion. This service will help patients by providing a personalized objective medical opinion from an experienced US Medical Physician or Surgeon ensuring concurrence of your diagnosis. The simple process is done by:
- Submitting your current medical records and answering a few questions using our secure online process.
- Responding to any questions from the Specialist or Surgeon Physician during review of your submitted records
Within 3-5 business days you will receive your written medical opinion (sample) from an experienced US Medical Physician or Surgeon regarding your Medical Condition and treatment Options. Their opinion is based on an objective look at your current diagnosis, proposed treatment plans, and includes exploration of potential alternative treatments and strategies.
- All pertinent information about your health, which includes any reports from medical imaging and testing results, is critical to the specialist physician or surgeon in providing you with an objective and all-encompassing second medical opinion.
- Please choose the appropriate specialty in which you desire a second medical opinion with one of our specialist physicians or surgeons. Please ensure you review the appropriate checklist of required medical records before you start with your expert medical opinion request. Our medical experts are dependent on providing you an accurate and in-depth report and analysis using these crucial medical images and test results.
- Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the process, or if you don’t find or know the department you are looking for in obtaining a second opinion with My USA Doctor. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service!
Payment & Insurance
- Submit Information – Initial non-refundable fee of $125 is due upon submission of the information to start the review process by MyUSADr.’s applicable specialist or surgeon.
- MyUSADr. Report – Upon completion of the review, you will receive a notification that your report is ready (sample). When you make your final payment of $200; your personalized report will be sent to you.
- Video Telehealth Meeting (optional) – Our physician is available to Teleconference with you for an additional $125*/15 minutes if requested.
*A full refund will be provided granted you cancel 6 hours prior to the appointment.
Fee schedule/ Second Medical Opinion Process/ My USA Dr./ US Expert Medical Opinion
Refunds can be issued anytime before submitting information for review to a physician. No refunds can be issued after submitting data for review or retrieving the report. Regarding a Telehealth appointment, a full refund will be provided, granted you cancel 6 hours prior to the appointment.
MyUSADr. Accepts Reports in English Only
You may use Google Translate, however, My USA Doctor assumes no liability and nor are they responsible for any loss or expense of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of actions of the suppliers of these services. My USA Doctor does not own, manage, control, promote, or operate any of the suppliers of the services.
Video Telehealth Appointment with MyUSADr.
We provide the option of video telehealth appointments to our patients to be able to discuss their condition and report with their My USA Doctor specialist. It is done after the My USA Doctor specialist has had a chance to review the information provided by the patient and develop their report.
Thereafter, the patient is welcomed to connect for a video telehealth appointment with the My USA Doctor physician using the meeting link provided alongside your report. After the patient finds a time, a formal request for video meeting is done through the My USA Doctor website and a fee of $125 will be charged to schedule the 15 minute appointment*. The patient is welcomed to include anyone of their choosing, including the treating physician in the meeting. A formal email will be sent to the patient confirming the appointment time and number to be contacted. At the time of appointment, the My USA Doctor specialist will call using your preferred method such as Google Meet, Zoom, Facetime, etc.
*Please note, if more video meeting time is needed and requested by the patient beyond the initial 15 minutes, an additional fee of $125 per 15 minutes of video meeting time will be charged to your account.
When is a second opinion from a MyUSADr. appropriate?
A second opinion can be an important tool especially following any complicated diagnosis or treatment recommendation.
In fact, in a new study The Mayo Clinic reports that as many as 88% of those patients go home with a new or refined diagnosis – changing their care plan and potentially their lives. Conversely, only 12 percent receive confirmation that the original diagnosis was complete and correct.
MyUSADr.’s board-certified US practicing specialist and surgeon physicians will take an objective look at your current diagnosis, proposed treatment plans, and explore potential alternative treatments and strategies.
In some cases, a second opinion will disagree with the initial diagnosis or recommendations, potentially saving you from invasive surgery, or costly treatments. MyUSADr. offers these services remotely, without any requirement of travel for their expert opinion.
Best of all our pricing model is all based on a Pay-per-Need basis. Unlike much of the industry’s standard “subscription” or “initiation fee” price model, patients pay for service only when they need it.
Do you have questions?
Please feel free to Contact us if you have any questions regarding the process, or if you don’t find/ know the department you are looking for in obtaining a second opinion with My USA Doctor.
We look forward to providing you with exceptional service!